1. Are you named after someone?
Yep. Ted Kennedy's daughter. My sister is named after a Grateful Dead song.
2. When was the last time you cried?
Two Saturdays ago while writing a fic. It was ridiculous. I was ridiculous.
3. Do you like your handwriting?
Eh, it's okay. I'm left-handed, so it's generally a bit of a mess.
4. What is your favorite lunch meat?
Vegetarian over here, so nope.
5. Do you have any kids?
Dear lord in heaven, no. Not much into kids until they become angsty teenagers, when we can talk about music and books and stuff.
6. If you were another person, would you be friends with you?
Probably, in that fondly indulgent, head-shaky way.
7. Do you use sarcasm?
Mostly in fannish interaction. Not really in an everyday kinda way.
8. Do you still have your tonsils?
Yeah, although it was touch and go as a kid.
9. Would you bungee?
No way. And it's not because of a fear of heights or falling or anything. It's more like I don't trust human engineering. I'm convinced that sucker would snap.
10. What is your favorite cereal?
Raisin Bran, especially with a banana cut up in it.
11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
When I wear boots, yes. Most of my shoes have buckles though, and I never unhook those.
12. Do you think you’re strong?
Physically, yeah. I have arms like a longshoreman. Emotionally, when I need to be.
13. What is your favorite ice cream?
This coffee gelato I tripped across the other day with little chocolate flakes in it. Otherwise, salted caramel.
14. What’s the first thing you notice about someone?
I don't much pay attention to people unless we interact, so I gotta go with the way they talk.
15. Red or pink?
Both, but it depends on the red and the pink.
16. What is your least favorite thing about yourself?
I procrastinate terribly.
17. What color pants and shoes are you wearing right now?
Snowflake pajama bottoms (hooray Old Navy after-christmas sale!) and bare feet.
18. What was the last thing you ate?
Greek salad. Does the merlot I drank afterward count? I feel like it counts.
19. What are you listening to right now?
Sally MacLennane by the Pogues.
20. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
21. What’s your favorite smell?
Fresh rosemary. I can't pass by a rosemary plant without nipping a little bit off and rubbing it on my wrists.
22. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
A contractor about replacing my roof. Don't get me started.
23. What’s your favorite sport to watch?
Not much into sports, except for bull riding. Love me some cowboys.
24. What’s your real hair color?
Brown, with an increasing amount of silver, I think. It's blue right now, so I'll report back on the silver (eventually).
25. What’s your eye color?
This weird brown-green-gold thing.
26. Do you wear contacts?
Used to, but then I had to get some metal removed my eye a couple of years ago and I haven't been able to stand them since.
27. What’s your favorite food?
These fries that I had at BarleyMash this past year as SDCC. Topped with cheese and roasted veggies and more cheese. It's a tragedy that I live three thousand miles away from those fries.
28. Scary movie or happy ending?
Scary movies. Hands down.
29. Last movie you watched?
Room 1408. I'm going through a John Cusack phase. Again.
30. What color shirt are you wearing?
31. Summer or winter?
Summer. Always always always.
32. Hugs or kisses?
Depends on the person, but usually both at the same time.
33. What’s your favorite dessert?
Carrot cake with cream cheese icing, especially when it's cold.
34. What book are you reading?
Half-way through Make Something Up by Chuck Palahniuk.
35. What is your profile pic?
Um. I think y'all are pretty familiar with my lampshade. Been using it for years.
36. What did you last watch on TV?
Um. Room 1408.
37. Favorite sound?
Depends. I do like the sound the crowd makes at a concert right before the band comes on stage.
38. Rolling Stones or Beatles?
39. What is the farthest you’ve been from home?
Geographically, the Czech Republic. Morocco, if we're talking about the farthest I've ever felt away from home.
40. Do you have a special talent?
I mean, I write, but I don't think I'm especially talented with it. I can look at an artifact spread or an aerial photograph and figure out how people used the land there several hundred years ago, but that's not unique. Let's just say I have a series of knacks for things.
41. Where were you born?
Naptown. (Annapolis, if you're unfamiliar with the lingo.)
....and I'm off! So much to do today and I need to get it done so I can do nothing tomorrow.