Oh, sweet blessed insomnia.
In the past few days I have:
* finished making a quilt as a gift for a friend of mine about to have her first little one.
* went to work and tangled with the rain and did some shovel test pits to figure out where to dig the trenches and holy cow y'all, this is going to be a very interesting summer. I'm pulling whole vessels out of the ground at a site that was occupied in the early to mid-1700's. Wowzers.
* reupholstered and rehabed the cushions for my chaise lounge that sits out on the porch.
* made challah bread for the express purpose of then turning that challah bread into french toast stuffed with rhubarb and strawberry compote with vanilla yogurt on the top. YUM.
* made two loaves of cinnamon raisin bread because I was in a bread making way.
* got one hell of a sunburn from sitting on said reupholstered chaise lounge for hours while I...
* wrote approximately 18,000 words for spn_j2_bigbang! I make no guarantee that those words make sense, nor can I guarantee that they're all in English. Also, I submitted it with more than a few hours to spare. I don't know guys, I kinda have a good feeling about this one.
Speaking of which, to those of you who have turned in your drafts: Congrats! You are all so very awesome. To those of you who are writing down to the wire, allow me to support you. GO GO GO! Write like the wind! You've got it in ya. I know you can do it. If there is any way I can help you, please let me know.
How are you? Yes you. You with the internet.